1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

stacking multitple M-Audio cards --delta44(2x)+delta 1010LT

Discussion in 'Recording' started by sndo, Mar 18, 2006.

1. sndo

sndo Active Member

Currently Running...
    -AMD Athlon XP 1.05 gHz / 640 MB RAM
    -M-Audio Delta1010LT
    -Nuendo 2

and I'm looking to add a pair of Delta 44's... I'm pretty sure the pair of 44's work together but would they work with the 1010LT as well?

2. dabmeister music

dabmeister music Active Member

Well look at it like this, it all depends on the drivers. If there's no difference between the two (the 44 & 1010LT driver's), then you're in. I personally use multiple cards and have experienced both success & failures. I've mixed different cards like using a 20 bit Echo Gina w/ a 20 bit Layla, works flawlessly. On the other hand, mixing a 20 bit and 24 bit card together (different drivers of course), yielded a not so pleasurable experience. Experiment and find out if it will work for you. (y)

3. sndo

sndo Active Member

Great! I think it WILL work. I went to the M-Audio site to check out their drivers and yes, in fact, the 1010LT and the 44 use the same driver.

Delta Series
    Version: 5.10.00.5051
    Release Date: May 4, 2005
    Applies to: Delta 1010, Delta 1010LT, Delta 44, Delta 66, Delta Audiophile 2496, Delta Audiophile 192
    Operating System(s): Windows XP

This is very good news.