1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Standard PC

Discussion in 'Recording' started by Doublehelix, Nov 21, 2002.

1. Doublehelix

Doublehelix Well-Known Member

Is there any way to convert your system to a "Standard PC" *after* installing Windows 2000? (I screwed up on my re-install a couple of weeks ago and forgot to set things up as a "Standard PC")

Thanks!

2. Opus2000

Opus2000 Well-Known Member

Yes, but it's not recommended.
    Device Manager, Computer, right click ACPI...update driver, choose from a list. You will see Standard PC. Install that, restart...all your drivers will be reloaded...enjoy
    Opus

3. Doublehelix

Why isn't it recommended? Could I potentially screw up the system for life??? :) Seriously, how dangerous?

4. Doublehelix

Well Gary, I couldn't get that to work. When I Right Click ACPI, Update Driver, it only gives me a choice of updating and seraching for the ACPI driver...or course, I am probably doing something wrong...please help!

5. Opus2000

Opus2000 Well-Known Member

Right Click...Choose Update Driver..Choose Install from a list...Next Don't Search I will choose from a list..it "should" show you a list where you will see Standard PC
    Why it's not recommended...it could cause instability due to it reloading all drivers after previously being in one state and changing over to the next..
    Opus

6. Doublehelix

Found it...thanks! <bow>