1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Strange recording problem

Discussion in 'Recording' started by jeffcccc, Jul 23, 2005.

1. jeffcccc

jeffcccc Guest

I'm trying to record some guitar stuff to my computer. My setup is Guitar =>digitech rp200 effets pedal => line in of sound card. When I record the first 3 seconds of the track sounds great and then the volume drops to about half and the sound becomes muddy, sounds like your playing under water. Then if i stop playing in the middle of the same recording and start again, the same thing happens, it's good at first and then sounds awful. If anyone has any idea what is going on please let me know becasue it's driving me crazy

2. Rider

Rider Guest

try a different pedal. try another guitar (or anything to run through it). else it could be the sound card, ive had times where my input device just goes wacko (usually from being used too long).
  3. timtu

timtu Guest

ive had the same thing happen to me when i use that Pro Tools Free. (Dont bother downloading it) I will put down a track and when i replay it, it will be fine but after a while it would be full of really bad digital overdrive with sounds just terrible.