street price for a "PCM 70 Ver2.0

Discussion in 'Mastering' started by digitalnoize, Dec 25, 2001.

1. digitalnoize

digitalnoize Guest

first off, I'm very excited about this site and appreciate the oppertunity to join it.

I would like to know if anybody can tell me the going price for a Lexicon PCM 70.

Thanks and keep up the great posts! :w:

2. Ang1970

Ang1970 Well-Known Member

The pcm's all seem to hold their value well. Unfortunately, that means people are rarely eager to part with them. Even huge studios with 960L's sometimes have a couple 70's, 80's, or 90's kicking around for that "one more verb". It's one of those things where you have to wait for a studio to go out of business and hope they piece everything out. When I see them, they're between $800-$1200, depending on the condition (of both the piece and the seller's sanity :retard: ).

Good luck in your search. :)

p.s. Moderators, please move this thread to the used gear forum.

3. digitalnoize

digitalnoize Guest

Thanks NJ for your repley. I was asking because I own one and I have ProTools. I'm debating on if I should keep it or sell it and get a "farm". What would you do? and thanks again :w:

4. Ang1970

Ah, in that case, I would get rid of it immediately. I'll take that paperweight off your hands for $250 if you pay shipping. Then you can put the money toward a farm card that will be obsolete in about 6 months. :D

5. Ang1970

(Of course, you know I'm joking. The only way you'd get the pcm70 is to pry it from my cold, lifeless fingers. Especially if it means several more channels of eq or compression.)

6. DSL

DSL Guest

The Digidesign Reverb One is nice and you can't have to many farms. (Hell, or reverbs for that matter) Wait about a month or two and keep the Lexicon and the price of the farms are going to come down. Save up man.

My .01 cent to get you started.

If not I'll take it off your hands.