1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Strings on a budget?

Discussion in 'Recording' started by halfcircle, Jan 23, 2007.

1. halfcircle

halfcircle Guest

I record mainly acoustic guitar based songs using Logic Pro. i would like to enhance some of my songs with some basic orchestration and have looked at a few options.

I am now thinking of East West Symphonic Orchestra Silver edition as it seems very well priced and also has a decent Steinway Piano within its instrument set.

Before I purchase this, i was wondering if anybody else has a favourite package that I may have overlooked in this price range. ($200).

2. jonyoung

jonyoung Well-Known Member

You might be able to pick up the Gold Edition for not much more, it has a much larger library. I scored mine this past year form an ebay store for $399.

3. CombatWombat

CombatWombat Active Member

Hi there. I am actually currently trying to sell my (practically) brand new copy of MOTU Symphonic Instrument. Could possibly be exactly what you're looking for. :) If you're interested, check out my post in the classifieds section:

(Dead Link Removed)

I am asking $225 shipped.

Tyler

4. halfcircle

halfcircle Guest

Damn it... Already ordered the East West product now. I would have taken you up on that deal too!

5. Brownsound

Brownsound Guest

Or you could try this guy:

http://www.stringtracking.com/

6. CombatWombat

CombatWombat Active Member

Return it! :lol: