1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Studer 089 Console ?????

Discussion in 'Pro Audio Equipment' started by sonochrom, Jun 26, 2002.

1. sonochrom

sonochrom Guest

Hi there,

I'm looking for infos about the Studer 089 12 in 2 Mixing Console from the late 60ies. Has anyone seen or used it or knows anything about it ?

Thanks a lot, Andreas

2. Jonhedin

Jonhedin Active Member

hi Andreas
    I know where to get hold on a studer 089. I've been using it for years and I have to say: I LOVE THE MOFO!

3. sonochrom

sonochrom Guest

Wow !
    Can you tell me a few more details ?
    Do you have some manuals or schematics ?
    Do you have the onboard compressor ? Or was this one just available for the 089mkII ?
    As you see, I know nothing, but I love the sound of the preamps. Usually, I record with TAB V76 and Siemens V276, but in the moment, everything goes thru the Studer.

Later, Andreas

4. sonochrom

sonochrom Guest

Wow !
    Can you tell me a few more details ?
    Do you have some manuals or schematics ?
    Do you have the onboard compressor ? Or was this one just available for the 089mkII ?
    As you see, I know nothing, but I love the sound of the preamps. Usually, I record with TAB V76 and Siemens V276, but in the moment, everything goes thru the Studer.

Later, Andreas

5. dynamo12

dynamo12 Guest

Hi, i've just got a 189 MkI. The modules are pretty much the same as 089. The 189 was the bigger sister/bigger frame. They are class A all discrete consoles. I don't know " how it sounds"
    yet cause console is actually on service and we'll get some upgrades done too. Since they were " Broadcast " consoles the frequency response is quite limited. there are other quirks but is quite soon to elaborate now. You can get in touch with Studer for manual/schematics. i wanted to use it on location...yeah right...is heavy as a tank..
    Overall greatly suggested..quality is outstanding
    all around...Jo

6. sonochrom

sonochrom Guest

okay,
    I could make contatct to Studer Germany now (via Studer Switzerland)and I get the copies of the manuals and schematics next week for 50€.

Thanks for your interest, Andreas