1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

studio equipments and cost

Discussion in 'Recording' started by cammax, May 12, 2005.

1. cammax

cammax Guest

pls i need to know equipments i need to set up a studio and its cost.

any info would be grately appreciated

2. jonnyc

jonnyc Member

Ok you've made this really easy. Are you going to be using your computer or are you going all analog. We need more information to help you out, tell us what you're wanting to do so we can help.

3. RAIN0707

RAIN0707 Guest

Equipment is pretty broad. I'd say commercial set up you are looking at the minimum of 50,000 - 75,000 american dollars. My setup is a modest home one that I turned commercial and its well over $35,000 later...

4. jonnyc

jonnyc Member

Yeah I've been recording for a year and have over 20,000 US invested. If you want super simple and you have a PC already, then get a sound card and Cubase SE just add a mic and you can start recording, all that'll cost around 500.

5. If you want analog, on the other hand (like me)....

Expect to invest loads of money and be broke 99% of the time.

6. jonnyc

jonnyc Member

he's not lying, but analog is so sweeeeeet.

7. That's why my excess college financial aid went to it. My project studio and future home theater are proudly funded by Uncle Sam. I can't give any advice on DAW's though since I stay away from them. I bought a "ProTools system" and I've only used it for anger management (playing Unreal Tournament). I love the hands on cutting and splicing of tape with no real undo other than finding that piece and splicing it back in (did that ONCE and vowed to measure twice, cut once, and not the other way around ever again).