Studio Images on Micing Techniques

Discussion in 'Location Recording' started by audiokid, Feb 20, 2006.

?

Studio Images on Micing Techniques

1. good idea

100.0%
  2. don't care

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. audiokid

audiokid Staff

I've setup a Gallery for those that want to share images on different micing methods.

Here is our link:
    http://recording.org/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=upload

After a month of testing this software appears to be working well however, suggestions are welcome. Most likely some organizing will be needed on my part as we build it up...

There are a few categories (which I may downsize to just "micing techniques") and, quite a few ways of displaying the images and thumbnail blocks around the site.
    I think this can be a great addition to the forums if kept to quality.

Feature include:
    Each image has a detailed description area (which I can make larger if needed).
    Each image has a comment and rating area that we can base what we keep or dump.
    Maybe links can be included on specific forum topics to better serve us all.

Cheers!

2. redbort

redbort Active Member

is the viewing list restricted? cause it asks me to register, even if i'm already registered?

3. audiokid

audiokid Staff

hi, you can't see the test images right now? should see 5

4. Dan_Pence

Dan_Pence Guest

Try logging in again - I had the same problem, but it worked after I logged in again.

5. audiokid

audiokid Staff

ah... the image gallery keeps track of our votes and comments, the script sets a unique cookie.

To help avoid any nasty spam from entering here I've made it registered members access also.

This must be why we have to log in again.

6. AFSDMS

AFSDMS Guest

Worked for me and a suggestion. . .

Nice idea to share images of setups etc. I just uploaded a shot from a venue recording. I know you don't want to do overkill but it might be useful to have an optional field for contact info, company and Copyright. I embed info into all my images, but I'm not sure everyone is into that.

7. MasonMedia

MasonMedia Guest

Is this feature working? I have not been able to locate a "gallery" link.

Peter

8. stax

stax Active Member

I'm unable to open the link too! Even if I'm logged.

Stax

9. SuprSpy79

SuprSpy79 Active Member

Says the module isnt active

10. Groff

Groff Active Member

mr. audiokid,

this is great idea. we all need something like that.

... but I can't go in. sveral times relogged.

11. zooplibob

zooplibob Guest

This announcement should be removed because the link is dead (and has been for over 2 years...). Can anyone get it up and running again?