1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Studio Projects C1

Discussion in 'Vocals' started by Threeskinmusic, Apr 29, 2005.

1. Just a quick thanks to all the forum members who pointed me to this mic. Just got one and I love it for vocals. I don't have much experience with mic's, so I can't give any comparisons to the high end mic's. Until now, I have been using an Octava and some MXL mics for all my vocals. The Oktava was pretty good, and I hated the MXL's. The C1 was exactly what I was looking for. Sounds amazing! What a huge difference in the sound quality of my vocal tracks. I am using an ART TPS II pre, which sounds ok to me, but I know most people don't think very highly of them, so I want to try out a Brick, and see how much of a difference that will make. Thanks again, I am really learning a lot here, and your suggestions seem a lot more knowledgeable and professional then most of the other recording websites.
  2. maintiger

maintiger Distinguished Member

Dec 3, 2003
    Whittier, California, USA
    Home Page:
    allright, threeskin. congratulations!
  3. RickShepherd

RickShepherd Guest

I was also curious to hear how the C1 sounded, and this is what I ended up with, no EQing, just a bit of reverb. The guitar is plugged in directly to the Mackie 808s amp/mixer. THe vocals are done with the C1:

C1 Recording
  4. mamm7215

mamm7215 Active Member

Jan 31, 2005

Love mine, just like you said, no EQ necessary, or at least not much, not even much compression unless you want it. Get my vocals to "sit" just right. Beautiful, love my C1.