1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Studio Question.

Discussion in 'Recording' started by jlam, Nov 2, 2004.

1. jlam

jlam Guest

Hello, Everyone!

I'm new to this forum, so i'm not sure if anyone has asked this question before...but, i'm currently setting up a Pro-Tools studio.

I use it for vocal recording, as well as arranging/mixing. i have a separate room that i use as Vocal Booth, and i'm doing diffusion and acoustic work on it.

My question is, once i'm done soundproofing the booth, how can i set it up so that i can communicate with someone inside the booth, so that they'll be able to hear me since my Control Room is outside it.

Also, I know other studios have it all set up by connecting their mic cables through the walls and into the Board, but since i'm using Pro-tools how can i do this?

Any advice you have would be Tremendously helpful to me,
    Thanx so much!

2. Kurt Foster

Kurt Foster Distinguished Member

Jul 2, 2002
    77 Sunset Lane.
    Plug a mic into the PT system, send it to a track and use it to talk to talent .. That's the simplest solution.
  3. LittleDogAudio

LittleDogAudio Active Member

Sep 24, 2004
    Remember, you'll have to keep this "talk-back" track in record in order to pass signal.

4. jlam

jlam Guest

Thanx for your quick reply!

5. audiogeek1

audiogeek1 Guest

You do not need to use a track you can use a mono aux input. This is the way I have done this in the past. This way you do not have to keep it in record it is on or off(mute)

6. nak

nak Guest

buy this (or something like it)