1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

studio recording earphones

Discussion in 'Recording' started by Tonatiuh, Aug 26, 2010.

1. Tonatiuh

Tonatiuh Guest

A first time begginer...

Can someone recommend me a good recording studio earphones?

Are ther some of them that can achieve a good low frecuencies reproduction?

My purpose is the digital recording. I have a midi file, and I record it with VST sounds.

Thanks!

2. JMulhollan

JMulhollan Guest

My ol' faithfuls are my Sennheiser HD280 Pros, I've had the pair for about 3 years now and are still in great sounding condition, though getting a little worn. They are very balanced in sound though a liiiittle lacking in low end, but once you get used to them in comparison to other speakers, you will love them. They run around $100, but totally worth the investment.

3. TommyTheB

TommyTheB Guest

I have Sony MDRV-6 headphones which Sony has been making for about 15 years. I bought a second pair and replaced the pads on my original phones which I've had for over 12 years. When has Sony made ANYTHING unchanged for nealy 20 years?? :biggrin::biggrin:

Point is these are excellent phones and are available for around $80. I always knew they sounded great but they have really come into their own since I started home recording.