1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Studio Update

Discussion in 'Pro Audio Equipment' started by godiecofran, Mar 30, 2014.

1. godiecofran

godiecofran Active Member

Hi, greetings from Colombia, it's being a long time since my last thread. Know i want to share the new equipment i bought for work.

First of all, just before this change my equipment was:
    imac G5 isigth built-in
    Mbox 2 with pro tools 7.4.2 (time lapse wow!)

My first question to make the update was the main kind of work i made, just after my audio degree i start to work with classical music and classical contemporary music a lot, so i though, that i need some high quality equipment.

After a long research my brand new equipment is:

keep the mac based platform: iMac intel core i5 2,5 Ghz con 4GB RAM, i use this computer for mixing and posproduction process. Also i bought a macbook pro intel core i7, 2,9 Ghz with 8GB RAM for location recording.

I find very interesting the Avid Pro Tools Artist mis bundle so now i got:
    Pro tools 10 HD
    Mbox Pro (3rd gen)
    Artist Mix control surface.

I think that the most important element of an audio engineer is the speakersl its the instrument, lake the guitar for a guitarist so i always wait to get som pristine and high quality speakers to work. after too long i get the Bowers and Wolkins, audiophile speakers 686 powered by a french hand made 100 watts amplifier, Atoll AM100. i still learning to hear very well the detail of this speakers, but they are so good.

All this accompanied by a 2TB Lacie Quadra Hard Disk for backup and storage.

after that i'm still waiting to get the gear for recording, mice and press, i open for suggestions, for now let me know what do you think about my gear.

Thanks