A very strange and disturbing thing happened to a recent project I mastered and I wanted to post it to know if anyone has seen this sort of thing before and how it could happen. I certainly don't want this to happen again. I prepared a master for a pressing and did it with care and checked it before I sent it to the producer. The CD had low errors- no C2's or CU's of course, and I delivered it with a twin that had similar characteristics. The producer sent it to the plant, and when the CD's arrived, the cue timings were exactly as I had made the master, but the first track began with 1:20 of silence (not recorded silence, just empty blocks) and all the music was offset by that amount, the final track having 1:20 lopped off at the end. Checking all my files and programs at my end, nothing could explain it. The control copies were all fine. The plant sent back the master, and it is exactly like the pressed CD's-correct cue times, content offset by 1:20. I verified that it is the master I made, and I checked it thoroughly-no visible damage, low error rates with no C2's or CU's. I imagine that in the mail the TOC somehow got damaged, but I just can't figure this out!