1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Sugestion

Discussion in 'Recording' started by didzejzefir, Sep 11, 2003.

1. didzejzefir

didzejzefir Guest

I have a question about the mic/micpre i want to buy. first, the RNP with RNC and either a AT 4040 or a SP C3 .. second, a Summit 2BA-221 and a RODE NTK.. what do you guys think??

2. SmattyG

SmattyG Guest

I like it if you like it :p

But seriously... I would take the AT4040 (i have one) over the C3 in a second (but that's just me). I've A/B'd the two of them, and I thought there was an obvious difference. RNP and RNC are both excellent choices.... I have an NTK on loan right now, but it hasn't really gotten me excited... It's fine, and I've only done a bit of experimenting with it, but for the time being, I've really been liking the 4040 better. Soon, when I've got some downtime, I would like to give the NTK a good run for it's money before I give it back in a few weeks. I don't know anything about the Summit peice.

Assuming that this is your first LD condenser and preamp/compressor purchase, the AT4040 + RNP + RNC should make for one pretty decent channel that you will be happy with on a number of sources including vocals and acoustic guitar... Plus, the RNP is 2 channel, so once you buy another mic (and probably another RNC), you can do stereo recordings and more....