1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

sum help.....E.guitars

Discussion in 'Guitars' started by real_rap, Jun 3, 2006.

1. real_rap

real_rap Guest

ok i got my guitar buh my amp broke....is ther any thin else that works like a amp.....??? please help me out..
  2. MadTiger3000

MadTiger3000 Active Member

Nov 16, 2004
    Aux in on a boom box or stereo system. Get the right adapter if the "hole" is small.

It goes from 1/4" to 1/8" usually.
  3. I don't think that a boom box / stereo system will do the trick unless you run the guitar through a preamp first. You're going to have a very small and washed out signal otherwise. Also, you'd better have pretty good speakers on that thing if you want any real power.

I don't have an amp either, but I get extremely powerful output by running my guitar into my audio interface (or professional PCI card if you have that), which is pluged into my computer. Computer speakers won't cut it though. I'm using to studio monitors as left/right speakers and they are awesome. The clarity and power on those things is amazing. If you're wanting any type of distortion, though, you'll have to pick up a pedal/stompbox.
  4. Tommy P.

Tommy P. Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2002
    Sounds like a lot of good advice. Just about anything with an input will work.
    May even end up with something interesting and out of the ordinary.

So what happened to the geetar amp, what model? Is it fried?