1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Summit EQP200B Vs Massive Passive

Discussion in 'Pro Audio Equipment' started by melonmachine, Oct 28, 2007.

1. melonmachine

melonmachine Guest

hi all, I'm thinking of buying a Massive Passive, having had my heart set on one for years, but I'm hearing great things about the Summit EQP200B, which 2nd hand would be about half the price. Anyone ever compared them? Does the summit really stand up to the MP?
  2. AudioGaff

AudioGaff Distinguished Member

Feb 23, 2001
    Silicon Valley
    Well, I've never selected an audio tool by it's price. If I want or need it, I find a way to get and usually own it.

The Summit is decent enough and a good eq but it doesn't stand in the same circle as the Massive Passive, which is unique and unlike traditional eq's. I think it is a far better and more useful tool. A second Masive Passive is on my list of items to buy.
  3. melonmachine

melonmachine Guest

a second Massive Passive? Don't make me jealous!
    The summit has the reputation for performing above its price range but I suppose it was a bit hopeful to replace the MP. I think I'll try and try one though.
    cheers, Giles
  4. TheFraz

TheFraz Active Member

Feb 5, 2007
    although i have no experience with either, I am currently dealing with summit for repairing my preamp, and i can tell you they are a great company. my experience with them so far has left me rather impressed.