1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Syncronism, answer me this...

Discussion in 'Recording' started by MGP, Jan 7, 2004.

1. MGP

MGP Guest

Ok , help me out with this:
    I have a Mackie D8B console, a MOTU MTP/AV , an ADAT and a DIGI 001. Suppose that I have 16 ch in ADAT tapes that I need to transfer to the computer to edit and mix. My MOTU is the wordclock master, my console is working as a slave and everything is connected with MIDI. I´m working with Pro Tools and it is responding to MMC and MTC.The sample rate is correct (everything in 48Khz). When I hit “play” in the transport section in the console, the Pro Tools and the ADAT starts. Everything works fine. I transfer the first tape(ch 01-08) and when I Transfer the second tape, it starts well but after a while the syncronism starts to “fall apart”.
    Ok, I can understand why this doesn´t work. The DIGI 001 interface doesn´t have wordclok in, so it cannot follow the wordclock master that is the MOTU. Am I correct?
    So , please, answer me this. Why the exact same setup working with Nuendo instead of Pro Tools works perfectly well, all the times? How Nuendo does this without wordclock?