t-bone

Discussion in 'Mastering' started by olliex, Apr 12, 2005.

1. olliex

olliex Guest

hi its me again,
    i have bought a t.bone sc-300 condenser mike , could anyone tell me if it is a good make as i have always used a sm58 leaded stage mike.could anyone tell me the best settings for the condenser mike plz.i am finding my high notes r distorting obvious some setting im doing wrong.i would be very grateful ,u have been so helpful to me so far ty,

2. Michael Fossenkemper

Michael Fossenkemper Distinguished past mastering moderator Well-Known Member

Sorry, never heard of the mic. But I have eaten a T-Bone or two.

3. olliex

olliex Guest

mike

hi lol.it says t.bone sc-300 back electret condenser microphone.
    the sound is very good but what do i know lol.since i have been on yr site my recordings r so much better.but was getting so much trouble with my sm58.ty once again for the steak lol
    .ollie

4. Thomas W. Bethel

Thomas W. Bethel Well-Known Member

What has this to do with "mastering"?

5. Michael Fossenkemper

Michael Fossenkemper Distinguished past mastering moderator Well-Known Member

well in general, dynamic mics like the 58 can handle much higher SPL's (volume) than condenser mics. The distortion could be from the mic, try backing off a couple of inches. It could also be from the mic pre, try turning it down a couple of notches. Or you could be distoring the input to whatever it's going to.