1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Tag Alerts Explained

Discussion in 'Studio Lounge' started by audiokid, Feb 15, 2015.

1. audiokid

audiokid Staff

@DonnyThompson @dvdhawk@Boswell @pcrecord @Kurt Foster @Chris

Hey guys! I'm sharing this with a few key people so please spread it around should the opportunity arise.
    If you noticed I just tagged you by including an @ followed by your usernames in this post. Maybe you guys know this, I just discovered it. :D
    Tagging is part of the Topic Alert System which is a way to notify a member(s) you want to include them in a topic.

As a perfect example and how I discovered this cool bit of coding....

I noticed Donny started a thread addressed to Marco today titled something like "Marco, hey pal" , but the thread is about the Focusrite ISA One vs PreSonus XMax . What a great topic for you guys but if i was passing by, I would most likely never discover it and our search engine most certainly won't either ! I've done this many times over the years too, so please don't be offended. Tony titled a few the other day, Kurt has etc. We all do it from time to time :love: .

Well here is the answer! Anytime we want to include someone, title the thread well and simply tag the member. How cool is that!

Quoting a member also Tags the member.

2. pcrecord

pcrecord Don't you want the best recording like I do ? Well-Known Member

I used @ many times, specially on long threads that I wanted to reach the op again

It's a great feature!

Chris likes this.
  3. audiokid

audiokid Staff

@Chris

Just for curiosity, I'm tagging myself and seeing if it also works at the end of a paragraph, which is does. @Admin

pcrecord likes this.
  4. audiokid

audiokid Staff

Cool, I never knew this! Duh, and I am the Admin lol. :notworthy:

kmetal likes this.
  5. audiokid

audiokid Staff

Have you discovered the multi quote feature? That is brilliant coding as well! Highlight a word , sentence or paragraph like this, click Quote and continue to more post within a thread or outside that could be months ago.

6. pcrecord

pcrecord Don't you want the best recording like I do ? Well-Known Member

Yeah! I'm using that all the time! ;)

7. audiokid

audiokid Staff

:D (y)

Here is an example for the others, just in case they are old like me ... :sleep: in these modern times....

Attached Files:

8. Space

Space Well-Known Member

@canIgetabeer...asausefullpersonthatis...butbreakfastiscoolaswell

9. audiokid

audiokid Staff

exactly

10. dvdhawk

dvdhawk Well-Known Member

I can relate to that. I guess on some level I don't respond well to being talked "at", or speaking "at" someone else. But that's a Dave problem, being too literal I suppose (in these modern times).

I read virtually every post by the cast of regular contributors above (and several others) anyway, but I suppose I should officially 'follow' the posts of those members I'd really hate to miss. Sometimes I'll see a thread keep coming up long after it seems to have run its course. When I finally check back in to follow-up, the topic has gone off on an interesting tangent - or a complete hijack in a different direction. Sometimes there's some good stuff in there, and I would have missed it had I not been just plain curious about what was keeping that thread alive.
    On a couple of occasions, I've come back to a thread to see you ( @Chris ) have asked specifically if I would chime in on something. This Tag Alert system should keep me from missing any of those in the future. I DO use the quote feature fairly often, if I'm responding to someone / something in particular.

11. kmetal

kmetal Kyle P. Gushue Well-Known Member

Maybe using this will teach me how to use Twitter. I've actually started voice dictating some of these posts into my tablet, Im a comlplete dinosaur in some common areas of technology. It's definatly a need to know basis w me. It's funny that the Internet has given purpose to the ampersand, I wonder why it even on a keyboard.

12. audiokid

audiokid Staff

(y) looks like a few of us are already implementing tags now. Kudo's. I'm glad I posted this now.