1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Take a look at this?

Discussion in 'Recording' started by Willi E., Mar 25, 2003.

1. Willi E.

Willi E. Guest

Introduced at the current AES in Netherland.

Steinberg ID Controller

Serious attempt to get in the same league as DIGI.

Don't want to start a discussion about which one is better (really don't care; it's just a tool), but it's nice to see some serious attempt of offering an alternative to the "almighty" digidesign.
    And with the new 2.0 version and a revised audio-engine, I think it's becoming a really nice and workable tool.

I've read on some news that they are now even cooperating with intel to achieve some better performance on PC's with the new hyperthreading technology (virtual CPU splitting/dual processor mode simulation).

And with the continuing development on the PC-side it will become a more and more powerful tool.

I think this is really nice because at the end the competition will work for the benefit of the customer.

Willi E.
  2. Doublehelix

Doublehelix Distinguished Member

Oct 7, 2001
    Let's just hope it works better out of the gate then the Houston did. It certainly looks cool, and hopefully Steinberg has learned from the fiasco with the Houston launch. It is also expandable with additional banks of 8 faders.
  3. Opus2000

Opus2000 Distinguished Member

Apr 7, 2001
    Ya know...I saw that design when it was in the blue print stages..no joke either! I love being in with companies like that! lol

Anyways, I kind of wondered what it was going to look like and to be honest...GAG!! Not to good!

Don't really like the color schemes...I'm sure it will work but we'll have to wait and see about that one!

4. gdoubleyou

gdoubleyou Distinguished Member

Mar 19, 2003
    Kirkland WA
    Home Page:
    Wonder how many updates it will take, to get the advertised product?
  5. BrockStapper

BrockStapper Guest

At the suggested retail (which is not official at this point) it better work out of the gate perfectly or they ain't gonna' sell any...
    I think a wiser move for the average consumer would be to actually support the controllers they are advertising as working with steinberg products...
  6. dax

dax Guest

Digidesign is like microsoft of the recording world, It sure would be nice to see some competition!