1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Tascam 1082, 1884

Discussion in 'Recording' started by zapta, Dec 31, 2004.

1. zapta

zapta Guest

Does any have something to say about the Tascam FW-1082 (or 1884), positive feedback negetive..
    sound quality of the product?
  2. therecordingart

therecordingart Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2004
    I use an FW-1884. I like it and haven't had one problem (knock on wood). The sound quality is pretty nice....you can be the judge I have some samples on my site. http://www.therecordingart.com

I'm going to be getting new pres soon, but the ones in the board aren't awful...they do their job. Considering the cost, the amount of I/O, and the control surface....its got a nice bang for the buck.
  3. Aziel

Aziel Guest

how many pres have the FW-1884? are they really decent? i heard about a problem in the fourth channel in the auto... :roll:
  4. therecordingart

therecordingart Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2004
    The pres are ok. Not noisy, and pretty transparent. That can be a good or bad thing depending on your intended use. As far as the fourth fader dying....I've never had a problem (knock on wood). I've had this board for a year and a half now with only one incident, but that was because my firewire card died in my computer. As long as it stays on your desk and it isn't toted anywhere I don't think you'll have any problems. It does have things I would change, but even after a year and a half I'm still a happy customer with no plans to start looking at other options.