1. Welcome to RECORDING ORG! Recording, mixing and mastering REAL MUSICIANS through use of microphones and electronic recording equipment.
  2. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Tascam DM-24 Firewire card

Discussion in 'Converters & Interfaces' started by stickjam, Mar 24, 2004.

1. stickjam

stickjam Guest

Has anyone experienced firewire operation on the DM-24? Any comments?

I'm looking to upgrade a Event Layla-20 & even-more-prehistoric Mackie analog setup with a flukey patchbay to full-out digital sans patchbay. I was originally looking at Motu 24i/o, but didn't feel good about losing a tactile control surface. Adding a separate control surface adds more cost to the point that the DM-24 with the firewire card (and an additional analog card) seems a much more cost-effective solution.

Thanks

--Bob

2. Stoph

Stoph Guest

Hi Bob,
    I have a DM-24 and have the fire wire card on order. I am looking forward to getting it. If it works as well as the FW-1884 Control surface,( which I also have), the DM-24 will be an awesome addition to any studio using a DAW . I would appreciate any feedback from anyone who may already have the card for the DM-24
    Regards,
    Stoph