1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Tascam DM24 user question

Discussion in 'Recording' started by jsvice, Jan 9, 2004.

1. jsvice

jsvice Guest

Hey all,

I'm trying to configure my DM24 for something that I thought it would do... I want to set channels 1-8 to be direct outs to the ADAT port. Then set 9-16 to be direct outs to the ADAT expansion card in slot one. Currently, 1-8 direct out works fine... However 9-16 outputs white noise. What can I possibly be doing wrong? A better question is; is what I want to do even possible with the DM24, and is anyone doing it???

Thanks,
    John

2. headtuned

headtuned Guest

Hi John !

If your adat Card is in Slot 2:

shift-I/o Page Output

Bus1-8 /direct9-16 routed to Tdif2(1-8)/Slot1(trk9-16)/slot2(trk9-16)

Bus1-8/Direct1-8 routed to tdif3(1-8)/ Adat(1-8)/Slot1 (17-24)/Slot2(17-24)

shift-digital Page slot
    Slot2 (adat card) select trk9-16

I think this should work.

Greetz

Headtuned

3. jsvice

jsvice Guest

You are correct, that should have worked. However, I encountered the same result. I'm starting to wonder if I have a bad expansion card?? Not quite sure how to determine that.

4. headtuned

headtuned Guest

It worked for me together with a rme 9652 Soundcard via Adat-Connection switching Chanel 9 for example to "direct" on the channel assign.
    Controlling the RME-Mixer-Software, i have a correct input on the second Adat-In (first ist connected to the normal Tascam-Adat-Connector)

Greetz

Headtuned

5. jsvice

jsvice Guest

The rme 9652 is the same sound card that I have. I have no explanation at this point other than there must be a problem with my expansion card. I doubt that there is a problem with both expansion slots on my mixer, so I'll start with the card. I've posted this question on several different groups, and so far, no solution. :(

[ January 11, 2004, 09:24 PM: Message edited by: John Vice ]