1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Tascam FW-1082 or Presonus Firepod

Discussion in 'Pro Audio Equipment' started by sunflute, Feb 23, 2005.

1. sunflute

sunflute Guest

Tascam FW-1082 or Presonus Firepod
    I am looking for a Digital interface with Mic pres and firewire, that's both reasonable and good sounding (Is there such a device?)

Any thoughts on the above mentioned interfaces or other ones like them, in the same price range will greatly appreciated?

Thank you so much,

Sunflute

2. funkbomb

funkbomb Guest

i heard mackie makes digital mixers with firewire and a very large headroom. Try the Onyx series.

3. therecordingart

therecordingart Well-Known Member

I have a Tascam FW-1884 and I love it. I like the pres on board better than the low-mid level Presonus pres, but that is just my opinion.

A lot of people have had trouble with the Tascam units, but I'm one of the lucky ones.....zero problems.

Sorry I wasn't much help.

4. I have had the chance to use the PreSonus Firepod and thought it sounded good enough for the money, but the build is of Behringer calibur. Not to mention it uses a "wall wart" transformer as well is pretty much all TRS besides the flimsy XLR jacks in the front. I would go with the Tascam unit, as it probably does not have the crappy quality of the FirePod.

Just my opinion,

M.

5. therecordingart

therecordingart Well-Known Member

In my opinion....the Tascam units are heavy and feel like a brick $*^t house when you pick them up. I've heard stories of the faders burning out, but I had mine 2 years now and only small driver conflicts in Windows, but I think it is the fault of my PC, not the board.