1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Tascam M3700 console question

Discussion in 'Recording' started by Tom Fodor, Jul 12, 2003.

1. Tom Fodor

Tom Fodor Active Member

Hey Guys,

I recently stumbled accross a damaged Tascam console for sale and I was wondering if anybody here had used on of these things. Are they still regarded as a good working general purpose desk or just a dinosaur, do you think it could be worth spending a bit of time and money on. Apparently It had been droped after being serviced and the meter bridge has come away from the rest of the casing. I can probably pick it up for around $250.00 and spend about #300.00 on parts to get it up and running again but I am not a tech so It would be a bit of a learning experience repairing it.

Any opinions would be helpfull,

Thanks a bunch,

Tom. :confused:

2. 960054

960054 Guest

if i had $600 bucks i'd buy it. i spent all last year on one, a really great desk. its got a great EQ and sounds really clean. After using it for a year i give it a thumbs up.

Extreme

:s:

3. davemc

davemc Guest

Had a M3500 a while ago, saw that M3700. :)
    There impressive looking, the eq is usable, a little more signal to noise then a mackie. Although a better sound then the mackie for me. I modded mine up with burr brown 2604's and it sounded better. Do some RAP searches.. They are prone to earthing so watch humms and buzzes..
    Overall a nice desk and that one was cheap..Although I have seen a few go around teh AUD$2.5k mark lately in Melbourne.

4. sheet

sheet Well-Known Member

If I recall, the board is -10 all the way through, with transformers on cards as an option.

5. jacobgugg

jacobgugg Guest

tascam m3700

I have a Tascam M3700 in good condition; I believe everything works, but the channel 2 meter bridge is finicky. I am selling it for $1,500 to anyone who wants to pay shipping. Email me if you are interested: jguggenhe@hartford.ed

6. jacobgugg

jacobgugg Guest

M3700 tascam

I have a Tascam M3700 in good condition; I believe everything works, but the channel 2 meter bridge is finicky. I am selling it for $1,500 to anyone who wants to pay shipping. Email me if you are interested: jguggenhe@hartford.edu