1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Tascam US2400.... does it have inputs?

Discussion in 'Recording' started by halfcircle, Nov 15, 2006.

1. halfcircle

halfcircle Guest

I am planning on upgrading from my Zoom mrs802CD multitrack to something a bit more flexible and profesional. I have only ever used digi-mulitracks so am a novice when it comes to using a computer for audio applications.

After a bit of research I think I will go the Logic & Tascam US2400 route as I like to have real faders to play with, rather using a mouse for everything.

I have two questions......

1. Does the Tascam US2400 have inputs for mics/instruments, or would I also need a good soundcard & preamps? The tascam website only states a USB interface for computer connection.

2. Is Logic a suitable choice for starting out in computer based recording, if not, any suggestions?

Many thanks
  2. DIGIT

DIGIT Guest

Logic is a great program - I have been using it for years. I was sorry that Apple bought the company and killed the PC version though... :(

As for the Tascam piece, if they say it's ONLY a surface controller than, those are the facts.

IMO, it's best to get separate PRES and A/D converters anyways.