1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Tascam133 Dissolver? AVG

Discussion in 'Recording' started by avinylguy, Apr 14, 2001.

1. avinylguy

avinylguy Guest

Hello Daniel and Staci,I got some info from a NG Scott Dorsey wrote that I need a 'dissolver' for this deck.What is it?If I can get schematics for it I can build one but I prefer to purchase one if they are still available.I got the deck off eBay and no one ever listed a dissolver in the decriptions as ancillary equipt.Maybe I should ditch this unit and get a 122ii/iii instead.TIA Marty
  2. algorhythm

algorhythm Guest

A dissolver...?? Well, my first impulse is to think he's yanking your chain (a dissolver must be right up there with a left-handed smoke shifter.....). But I will do the dutiful thing and ask the old-timers at Tascam.....hang tight.
  3. Ang1970

Ang1970 Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2000
    I suspect he may have been referring to a vat of sulfuric or hydrochloric acid (or other powerful "dissolvers").
  4. algorhythm

algorhythm Guest

Well, I've dutifully asked the old-timers at Teac about this one, and to a man they've all been highly amused. Now I don't know Scott Dorsey but I've seen his posts here and there....I don't think he's trying to mess with you, but you might wanna ask him for some....clarification.