1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

TC Electronics

Discussion in 'Pro Audio Equipment' started by eddies880, Oct 7, 2004.

1. eddies880

eddies880 Guest

Anyone out there happen to own a Finalizer from TC Electronics,if so,how do you like it? and does it really work for you. :cool:
  2. AudioGaff

AudioGaff Distinguished Member

Feb 23, 2001
    Silicon Valley
    Well, I have the big brother to the Finalizer, the DBmax which a more powerful, flexable broadcast version that I like very much. very powerful. It is main processing tool in my studio for both recording and mastering.
  3. tony desilva

tony desilva Guest

I've owned a Finalizer Plus for quite a few years now and it works great for me. I usually use the wizard mode to get in the ball-park and tweak it till I find what I want. Its a very clean unit so don't expect it to add any 'character' to your mix.

I also own a SPL Tube Vitalizer. Between these two units, I can usually get it sounding right.
  4. eddies880

eddies880 Guest

Funny you sould mention the wizard mode,thats the mode ive been using lately--------------------------------How much $$$did the SPL run?
  5. tony desilva

tony desilva Guest

A quick correction to my first reply: I own the Stereo Vitalizer MK2-T. I refer to it as my "Tube Vitalizer" but SPL does sell another unit called the Tube Vitalizer which costs big bucks. The unit I own uses two 12AX7 tubes. I believe I paid $735 for it (new) 3 years ago. Its a little noisy with the tube circuit engaged but its worth the magic it produces. Here's the url to the unit:

6. Jim Chapdelaine

Jim Chapdelaine Active Member

Jan 27, 2002
    CT, USA
    I have a tc6000 and consider it indespensible.