1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

The best OS

Discussion in 'Recording' started by seven, Dec 24, 2001.

1. seven

seven Active Member

What would be the best, or better, operating system for a machine running on a 1gig P3? Is ME any good? And any opinions on Cakewalk Home Studio 2002 for some basic tinkering around?

Thanks and have a merry Christmas.

-seven

2. Doublehelix

Doublehelix Well-Known Member

Go with Windows 2000 all the way baby!!! I use it and it is stable as can be!!! I don't even hesitate here...go W2K, especially with anything from Cakewalk...they use the latest WDM driver technology...go for it!!!

DH

3. seven

seven Active Member

Thanks bro. Now would you say go with home or pro?

4. Opus2000

Opus2000 Well-Known Member

Home or Pro with Win2k? heh? that's only on XP..either that or you are referring to Cakewalk and at that point you need to start a new thread so the subject of topic here dont take a wide turn in the wrong direction!! lol!!!
    As James stated...Win2K is the best right now...XP is still doing some funky things to me I just dont like..so I would give that OS some time..2K is tried, tested and true at this point.
    Opus

5. seven

seven Active Member

Yes, I was talking about Win2000...my apologies man. Thanks for the info though.