1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

This is what affordable gear has done for recording ....

Discussion in 'Recording' started by walters, May 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. walters

walters Guest

How to make a guitar transparent ?

When i think about Art looking at something that is transparent
    you can see through it but there is still colour and something
    on the picture but the picture is just transparent.

How can i do this a guitar or vocal source to make it transparent
    like how Art does transparent art.

Would it be layering the guitar but some how make the guitar
    audio clip transparent see through?

2. inLoco

inLoco Active Member

3. bluesman714

bluesman714 Guest

Dan Armstrong made a transparent guitar.

4. jonnyc

jonnyc Member

what the hell are you talking about. are you wanting the guitars to sound distant, like everything else is forward in the mix and the guitars are underneath?

5. walters

walters Guest

The Track more see through like art can see through the
    picture how would i do this with audio please

6. jonnyc

jonnyc Member

I'm not sure the greatest engineer in the world could answer this question. You say you want your music "see thru like art sees thru a picture" wtf are you talking about. Stop giving us analogies and tell us what you're wanting. I assume that you know music can't literally be transparent or see thru because sound waves are not visible so what in the world are you talking about.

7. walters

walters Guest

transparent -
    1.) can hear through it.
    2.) superimpose tracks

I got 4 tracks right now in pro tools how do i make them so i can hear through it like its transparent. It might be to be superimposed tracks as im thinking i never done superimposing can someone help me please on about superimposing tracks and making them to hear throught it?

Lets just take 1 track audio souce

how to make it so i can hearing through it so the track or audio is transparent making the audio so i can hear through like " transparent art" can see through it with audio its can HEAR through it how do i do this.

it might need to be superimposed on its self superimposing with different EQs but i don't know how to sumperimpose in pro tools?

8. Kev

Kev Well-Known Member

:(

you keep using these words and we give the answers

make a duplicate of the track and use any number of plugs and you will get a shift in phase and or a shift in time ... depending on which version of tools you are using

if you still need more shift then ... nudge it !!

using filters will cause a change is phase shift across the total frequency resp of the sound and this does include simple EQ curves

use some saturation effects and light distortion to help create a bounced feel

yes there is an art
    and if it were easy we would all have a Grammy and be living in multimillion dollar apartments ... and probably not be here answering your questions

keep practicing the art

9. walters

walters Guest

Superimpose tracks means to lay them on top of each other
    onto one track

transparent means
    1.) can hear through it.

10. THeBLueROom

THeBLueROom Guest

This is the funniest post I've ever read :D :D :D :-?

11. jonnyc

jonnyc Member

what hospital let this guy out? if you want one track that you can hear thru then you must have a track that you want to hear besides that one. i can't believe I'm trying to answer this. it seems like your talking about backing or backup tracks, like a track in the background of the real track, am i anywhere close here. if this is the case turn the track you want "transparent" down and viola

12. walters

walters Guest

How can i really Cancel out alot of frequencys to give me holes in the spectrum like have a EQ but Canceling out frequencys to give me holes in the odd and even harmonics or frequencys

what can i use to do this cancelling effect?

How do i use it ?

13. Markd102

Markd102 Well-Known Member

Drugs are bad, M'kay.....

14. Davedog

Davedog Distinguished Member

Patience patience children....this is obviously a language barrier thing.
    Walters:
    Kev gave you the answers..Try lots of things....Back up all your tracks and EXPERIMENT!

Find someone who speaks English better and can type a better translation of your thoughts and questions.Everyone would truly love to help....its just that its hard to decipher what you're asking....through no fault of anyone...

15. walters

walters Guest

How do i Superimpose tracks?

transparent can hear through it?
    how do i do this?

16. Yes, this guy is hard to understand in the way he asks his questions. Have patience with him...

I think you are using the wrong terminology. What you are trying to do is mix multiple tracks into one and yet hear all of the instruments clearly, correct?

Or am I way off?

17. walters

walters Guest

yes your getting it
    how do i do it?

What is superimposed mean to you?

and how to superimposed audio tracks ?

18. Markd102

Superimpose is a graphic art term..... In the audio world it's simply known as mixing.

And audio itself is not transparent. Microphones and preamps are often described a transparent if they let the natural sound of the instrument shine through with no coloration.

So if what you want to know is how to give each instrument its own sonic space within a mix, then the short answer is EQ. remove/reduce frequencies where two or more instruments are fighting for the same sonic space.
    This job gets a heck of a lot easier when you record with top quality equipment.

I hope this helps you.

19. walters

walters Guest

what is these transluscence effect? mean?

How do i audio Mask two tracks together?

what is audio masking?

Transparency-
    1.) is clear surface making audio like that
    2.) open sound source
    3.) The audio track invisible
    4.) allows audio to pass through it easily

20. Markd102

Sorry, none of that really makes any sense to me :?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.