1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

"tick" sound

Discussion in 'Recording' started by bensheard, Jun 8, 2007.

1. bensheard

bensheard Guest

At school we have a digital recording studio. We have a behringer digital desk, which goes to a digidesign adat converter (not sure what the proper name for it is), which then goes to the computer. Between the desk and the digidesign, we use optical cables. When we are doing a recording, we get a "tick" sound at regular intevals. Does anyone know what is causing this? We have deduced that it is created between the optical ports of the desk (it is not the actual desk as the analog outputs do not have this tick) and the adat converter, and it is not this as we have put mics directly into this and here is no tick. Could it be the optical cables?

2. Boswell

Boswell Moderator Distinguished Member

It sounds like you are losing occasional samples through not having the interface and the mixer synchronised. In ProTools, you need to set the clock source for the Digidesign interface to be ADAT.

3. bensheard

bensheard Guest

thanks... i will try that and let you know...

4. EricIndecisive

EricIndecisive Active Member

maybe the metronome is too loud? ;)

5. bensheard

bensheard Guest

thanks, i have sorted out the problem... (not the metronome! :) ) the clock souce wasnt set to ADAT so i fixed that and now the tick has gone.
    Thanks