1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Time Warpy/Morphy Sound?

Discussion in 'Recording' started by JasonG, Oct 8, 2008.

1. JasonG

JasonG Guest

What's up guys, New here. Been studying Sound Engineering for a little over 2 years but have always been curious about this. Timbaland uses this effect that i hear, so does Lil Jon. In the song "What You Gone Do" (Clean Version), When Lil Jon says "$*^t", it censors it in a sort of way that makes it a slower/deeper tone. In the song, "Elevator" towards the end, Timbaland's voice gets slower/deeper in a delay in which it echoes "ah ah ah" I tried pitch shifting and time compressing to accomplish that sound but it's not the same. How can I accomplish that effect? Is there a plugin for that or something that I don't know about? I use the latest Protools by the way.

Thanks for any help :D

2. jordy

jordy Active Member

hey hey!
    yeah, i've heard atleast one of those songs. i use an effect similar to that from time to time ... sometimes on the end of songs

i use an included effect called "Pitch Bender" in Adobe audition. this can slow or speed up while raising or lowering tempo. i think this may be what you're looking for. not sure if PT would include something like this or not....but i'd think if Audition has it, then Protools should.

3. jordy

jordy Active Member

sorry...i worded that wrong. - "Pitch Bender" can slow down or speed up the Tempo while raising or lowering the Pitch.

4. JasonG

JasonG Guest

I see, thanks Jordy! I'll look into a plugin like pitch bender in protools.