1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

TLA VTC Consoles?

Discussion in 'Pro Audio Equipment' started by Blenn, Feb 10, 2005.

1. Blenn

Blenn Guest

Anyone have any experience of these consoles? Are the preamps good? EQ? Are they quiet or noisy being valve?

Paul Blenn
  2. AudioJohn

AudioJohn Guest

The valve stages are used at line level - so don't degrade the noise at all. The rest of the circuitry is conventional - with excellent measured speciifications - and users of this mixer are delighted with the musical results.
    I have had some experience of repair work on a large VTC - and would say that they are well designed and constructed.
  3. Blenn

Blenn Guest

Excellant. Thank you John.

Anyone else?

Paul Blenn
  4. Elektric

Elektric Guest

I sold these consoles whilst living in Melbourne a few years back and they are beautifully engineered. If I could afford one I'd buy one! :?
  5. sheet

sheet Well-Known Member

May 28, 2003
    Kansas City, KS
    Home Page:
    I know where one is that is brand new, never been connected in a studio. If you want the lead PM me.

The console is good for tracking modern urban styles of music. It is not a great mixing console. The only dealer in the US is PAD, and they won't even suggest it for mixing. They will however suggest a used SSL (which recently announced that it is up for sale).
  6. Krou

Krou Active Member

May 27, 2001
    Genuinely curious, why is it not good for mixing?