1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Toft ATB or Trident Console

Discussion in 'Pro Audio Equipment' started by zonamusic, May 19, 2006.

1. zonamusic

zonamusic Guest

Has anyone had any experience with either of these two consoles. I'm looking for an analog console to work with a Mix Plus system and/or DP. Are either of these out now? Would appreciate any and all info, especially those who have A-B'd them.

2. Tim Farrant

Tim Farrant Active Member

The Toft console is still not shipping, and apparently the first 100 units are going out to those who signed up for the release program. The Trident is availabe now (according to the Mix ads). The Toft appears to have a lot more inputs than the Trident, how they comapre sonically I cannot report. Mr Oram (Trident) has been building consoles for a while now, so there must be some merit in that. Mr Toft has taken a long time to release his console, so there must be some merit in that too!

Good luck in your search.

Tim.

3. Link555

Link555 Well-Known Member

Has anyone tried either yet?

4. sheet

sheet Well-Known Member

Oram has a history of cheap build quality. The budget Trident is bastardizing the name from what I have heard.

The Toft console is in production and guys over at gearslutz give it thumbs up.

5. Link555

interesting... I had a chance to take apart a TRIDENT 4T CHANNEL STRIP, and I figured that I had a protoype, because the pcbs inside were a mess, lots of ugly re-work inside. But if what you say is true, maybe thats standard build quality then?

6. sheet

sheet Well-Known Member

Call the boys at Purple Audio and ask them about Oram. They were making replacement strips, master sections, power supplies, etc for them.

7. Link555

cool thanks. Was the old stuff like the series 80 equally as bad?