Totally off topic - is this humor?

Discussion in 'Location Recording' started by ghellquist, Jun 20, 2005.

1. ghellquist

ghellquist Member

OK, a bad night after a few bears. Now it is morning and not at all funny. Removed.

Gunnar.

2. JoeH

JoeH Well-Known Member

It's definitely BAD, lame humor, IMHO.

It's also quite old, and not very clever at all, unless you find the word "$*^t" and anything that sounds like it to be hilarious.

Sorry, but unless anyone has any objections, I'm THISCLOSE to removing it....

Going once.....going twice.......

3. Cucco

Cucco Distinguished Member

First -
    Joe, it looks like you're about to hit your 1 year RO anniversary! Congrats Dude!!!!

Second -
    I thought it was GREAT humor (tongue in cheek here...) Now, I know all about the Schitt's and hopefully can avoid them whenever possible. I recently had a run-in with the Schitts at a Chinese restaurant and I can tell you it wasn't fun. It's hard to come out smelling like roses when dealing with these fellas.

Okay all, have a little fun with this one and we'll shut her down at the end of the day.

I know - Awe Schitt.

J.

4. 0VU

0VU Active Member

Slightly OT but a brass ensemble I one played in was very proud of it's first (non commercial) CD release of music, by a German early baroque composer, entitled "A Load of old Scheidt".

5. ptr

ptr Active Member

LOL!

I actually recorded some organ stuff by Scheidt a few years back, and it was not the most fun stuff I've recorded, but then I've heard worse...

/ptr

6. DavidSpearritt

DavidSpearritt Well-Known Member

The chamber group I record has a piece in their repertoire by a contempory of Beethoven called Friedrich Witt. On all the scores his name is shown as F Witt. The group refer to him thus.

Also I had a guitar mate once who refers to F Sor, as being how he felt after playing the music of Fernando Sor.

7. John Stafford

John Stafford Well-Known Member

Hey I didn't get to see the joke :cry: This discussion reminds me of my college days. One immortal line was "Scheidt sounds great".

"Britten really knew how to score" was another I remember.

John