1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Trance Music

Discussion in 'Recording' started by lorenzofargas, Apr 20, 2003.

1. Hello, i need tipps to make Trance music
    thanks for all tips !!!!
    Lorenzo :s:

2. David French

David French Distinguished Member

Step one: make a one bar loop in 4/4 time, about 120 bpm, with a kick hit on all four quarter notes.

Step two: cut, paste, paste, paste.

Step three: repeat step two.

:D

Sorry, I don't mean to be an a-hole, but I couldn't resist.

Seriously, welcome to the best forum on the internet! If you have any more specific questions, I'd be happy to help you however I can.

--David

3. Mario-C.

Mario-C. Active Member

Home Page:
    hi lorenzo
    that was a very broad question, try to be more specific and we'll give it a shot... ;)

4. thanks
    i would like to know how to use my synth to do the effect of gated synth

5. David French

David French Distinguished Member

This depends on what synth you own. I assume you wish to create syncopated rhythms via a gate shutting on and off. Some synths have built in gates that will give you the desired effect. Also, you can track to hard drive or whatever without the gate and then run the synth through the gate. Then, you must automate the gate so that is shuts off and comes back on according to the rhythm you choose. Either that, or you can use another track to 'key' the gate, i.e., turn it on and off.

Hope this helps.

6. Dave Nyberg

Dave Nyberg Guest

Hi everyone, This is my first post on this wonderful forum.

first, trance music isn't exactly 120 bpm :)

But, trance music is kinda dissapearing at the moment so i would look out for some other style to learn actualy :)

Just my 2 cents... :)

7. Mario-C.

Mario-C. Active Member

Home Page:
    in addition to david's tips :

- use a square wave LFO patched to volume, sync it to midi clock to create a simple gate fx

- use a step modulator, usually an LFO or a step sequencer like the one in reason to create more complex rythms, again patch it to volume

- try volume automation in your midi sequencer ( CC 7 ), the trick is to use only 0 and 127 to get that gated sound, sequencers like DP allow you to insert contollers and draw a square wave in grid values, when you get the desired rythm paste it

hope this helps