1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Transition from DIGI002 to HD1/2 or others - opinions please

Discussion in 'Recording' started by Digger, Jul 13, 2005.

1. Digger

Digger Guest

I am considering a leap from my current DIGI002 Rack to an HD based system. I tend to record full bands which means I frequently use all 18 inputs at the same time on my DIGI002. I have some great mic pres and A/D-D/A converters and I just hate the idea of using the DIGI002 converters. I am also limited if I want to record at higher than 48K sampling rates unless; A) I am willing to use the DIGI002 converters OR B) Use the my SPDIF converter. If I want to record a full band steup using more than 11 inputs at the same time at higher than 48K than I am pretty much SOL.

I do know that I can buy an HD based system but I have some reservations about that option for various reasons. I would like to know if any of our member have made this transition and tell me about their experience (good, bad, things to watch out for etc...)

I know Pro-Tools isn't the only option out there so I would really like to hear about other options from the group as far as a suitable software/interface combos that would allow me to; A) Record up to 24 tracks simultaneously while using a sample rate of 96K or greater B) use the A/D to D/A converters of my choice C) Must be PC compatible and have a good rep for stability.

Thanks - sorry for the long message