1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Trident A Range for sale ?!?

Discussion in 'Pro Audio Equipment' started by hollywood_steve, Sep 26, 2001.

1. hollywood_steve

hollywood_steve Active Member

didn't expect to see one of the 13 existing A Range consoles on Ebay........
    http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1278968502

sounds like it needs lots of work, but its possibly a good long term investment for anyone who can afford to purchase it and then invest the required restoration funds.

I guess this proves that there is no limit to the Ebay market. I would have thought that something like this would sell through some high level contacts, not auctioned off next to somebody's paperclip collection.

2. Rog

Rog Member

Not even a picture of the beast. I'd be wary.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guests

Seeing as it's purported to be in N. Hollywood, and you're in helLA, perhaps you might want to take a look at it. Seeing as the raw modules go for $2k-$2,500 in "working" condition, you may have the possiblility of turning it into quite a profit center.

Usually, these things do go from 'owner to owner', sometimes through a "broker", but $30k for one on eBay? Color me skeptical.

4. MadMoose

MadMoose Active Member

Which studio is it from? If there's only 13 of them out there how many can be in LA? I'd like to see a picture of it in the auction, otherwise I'd feel a little weird. What do you think it's worth as-is? Could be a killer tracking desk for someone after the non-working automation is yanked.

5. Bear's Gone Fission

Bear's Gone Fission Active Member

Didn't someone here witness a studio owner artificially flood damaging an A-Range so it could be reimbursed with the rest of the studio that actually was flooded? :eek: :eek: :eek: I'd be worried without a picture. I'd figure it could be a hell of a restoration job just to part it out. Caveat emptor, even with an on-site inspection.

Bear