1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

trident s100 Any opinions

Discussion in 'Pro Audio Equipment' started by mardyk, Nov 12, 2003.

1. mardyk

mardyk Guest

Hi, does anybody know anything about these things?
  2. Kurt Foster

Kurt Foster Distinguished Member

Jul 2, 2002
    77 Sunset Lane.
    I just emailed the company and asked for a review unit.. We will see.
  3. ahyatt

ahyatt Active Member

Oct 6, 2001
    Torrance, CA USA
    Home Page:
    Well, not to stir up crap, but that unit is a 20 year old design. It was originally done for a company called SoundTech. SoundTech was a low budget live mixing console company. The mixer is pretty much spot on the same.

John Oram has a pretty sour reputation, but you can do a search on it and find out for yourself without me baggin on the guy. My money is that a unit never gets to Kurt, but that is just my opinion. I will find the thread and post it here for you as soon as I can, as it has the old SoundTech pictures and stuff. You will get no support or warranty so consider that before you get one.

Personally, I would stay away from it....
  4. Kurt Foster

Kurt Foster Distinguished Member

Jul 2, 2002
    77 Sunset Lane.
    That's what I thought. I have never really liked Orams stuff. Most of it I have seen in TV broadcast studios.. things like the Oram EQ and spring reverb ... seemed like it was pretty noisey. But the mixer has a cool old retro look. I like the pots instead of faders..

I remember the old Peavy PA mixers that had those big knobs like what used to be on the old UA mixers.. very cool looking.. they sounded like hell but they sure looked neat.. I love that stuff..
  5. timstoel

timstoel Guest

I had great results with the Oram Microphone Work Station, but dollar for dollar, I'd still go UREI anyday. It's all about the sound you like. I thought the Oram was respectably quiet, and pretty sterile.

6. seti

seti Guest

but did you see the reviews

they seem to be good