1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Trouble with Nuendo and RME Fireface..............

Discussion in 'Nuendo' started by stewdiodog, Feb 13, 2005.

1. stewdiodog

stewdiodog Guest

I am having clocking troubles with Nuendo and my RME fireface and i am hoping that someone might be able to help. I previously used the fireface with Cubase and had no problems but recently upgraded to Nuendo 2 and bought a Digimax 96k preamp. When i installed the Nuendo and hooked up the Digimax via lightpipe and BNC, i started having clocking issues (clicks and pops). Shortly thereafter i had some terminal problems with my harddrive and had to install a new one. After re-installing all software (minus Nuendo), i went back to using Cubase to see if the problem was with Nuendo. Still had clocking problems. Next, i unhooked the Digimax. Still had clocking problems. I am now confused.
    The Hammerfall interface is hooked up to my Dell 4600 via Firewire 400 and i have the unit set as the master clock. I cant seem to find an option on either Nuendo or Cubase for "Slave" under the clocking options, only "internal" and "bypass" (or similar). I have tried both and neither seems to be working. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
  2. jdsdj98

jdsdj98 Active Member

Jun 8, 2002
    Denver, CO
    I don't know anything about any of your software or hardware, but have you called RME tech support yet? I'd think that would be the most logical place to start.