1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Trying to figure out how to change time within a click track

Discussion in 'Recording' started by weaponbc, Oct 13, 2009.

1. weaponbc

weaponbc Guest

Hello I am using Cubase, and i am trying to figure out how to set a click track for my drummer. We have a few timing changes within the songs we are playing, and iam kinda new to the whole drum recording thing. How do i build a click track for each individual song, and can i change the sound of the click to something like a cowbell instead of the annoying beeping within the program
    Thanks
    TC

2. hueseph

hueseph Well-Known Member

Have you considered reading the manual? Really! It's such a basic function it's probably in the index or the "getting started" booklet.

3. weaponbc

weaponbc Guest

Yeah i've looked over the manual several times, maybe i'm not reading it clearly, i do have the SE3 version, its not the full one, but i really don't think that matters. I will read the manual again, but anymore info or tried methods would be helpful
    Thanks

4. hueseph

hueseph Well-Known Member

Which version of Cubase do you have? What happened to the manual that came with it? I don't want to fully answer your question for two reasons.

1: I don't like helping pirates. If you're helping yourself to pirated software, you can help yourself period.

2: It's just good practice to figure it out by reading the manual.

I will give you one hint. It involves adding an edit point to the time line.

5. weaponbc

weaponbc Guest

No! i bought the software from GC
    Its Cubase SE3 It did come with a paper manual that is about an inch thick, but only about a quarter of it is in English. It is very vague to me. Maybe because i don't understand some of the terminology. I will also check the software again and maybe it has a more extensive manual.
    Thanks