1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Trying to set up my audiophile

Discussion in 'Recording' started by ishedoneyet, Sep 3, 2005.

1. ishedoneyet

ishedoneyet Guest

Hi i'm so far i am totally clueless it appears :cool:

first,heres my equipment
    jvc22 cd+g player
    yamaha emx66m powered mixer
    Input Connectors:
    CH1-4: XLR and TRS Phone
    CH5, 6:XLR and 2 * TRS Phone
    Aux Sends: 2 (1MONITOR, 1EFFECT)
    2 15" yamaha speakers
    2 sm57 mics
    M_audio Audiophile
    Adobe Audition Software(i set it up so the audiophile is the playback and recording device)

I am trying to set up my system to record 2 tracks,1 voice and one the music and mix down from there.

Heres what i've done so far
    i hooked my "OUT" from Cd player to the "IN" on audiophile...Then i went from the "OUT" on the audiophile to the "IN" on the mixer.
    Power it all up and i get no sound when playing a cd,the sound should be coming from the mixer?
    I checked to all the settings in the audiophile control panel like mute etc.. i can see the bars going up and down in the audiophile control panel.I don't have a set of headphones,so i can't tell if i'm getting sound from there.
    any help would be greatly appreciated,My heads starting to hurt
  2. ishedoneyet

ishedoneyet Guest

well i finally got it to record and playback the music but it wont record my mic,still not sure if it's hooked up right.
    should i be using the 2 s/pdif? my goal is still the same,record the music from the cd+g to one track and the voice to another track while singing along.
    do i need something else other than an m-audio FIrewire Audiophile?
    this is just a home hobby i'm trying to do,if i can get to a point where i can start to get an understanding on whats going on i would then start to consider better equipment.
  3. iznogood

iznogood Guest

how can youexpect to record the mic if it's only the cd that is connected to the audiophile???

mic>mixer>audiophile>mixer>speakers.... cd>mixer.... etc...

if you don't understand get someone qualified to set it up...