1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Tube-tech LCA 2B

Discussion in 'Electronic Repair Modifications DIY' started by Steve Jones, Dec 29, 2003.

1. Steve Jones

Steve Jones Active Member

I have a Tube-tech LCA 2B compressor in my shop for repair with a low level spitting on the right channel. It's not the tubes, does anyone have any sheets on this unit or could hazard a guess where I might buy a schematic?

2. cjenrick

cjenrick Active Member

Check out Pats Schematics:

http://nanaimo.ark.com/~pat/

This guy rocks! Friendly servive, quick turnaround, money back guarantee, and very inexpenxsive!

You won't be disappointed! I promise!

NOT!

3. rascalseven

rascalseven Guest

Whoa, Chris!

My browser didn't show me all your graemlins when I opened the thread -- I had to scroll down to see them..... you really had me concerned there for a moment!

tongue.gif

Joel

4. Kev

Kev Well-Known Member

:D

cj .... behave.

5. audiocraft

audiocraft Guest

Hi Steve ,

You may want to contact Tube Tech directly as they are quite friendly regarding their service manuals ......

At least from my past experience with them .. smile.gif

I have a couple of their schematics but unfortunately not the one you look for..

beerchug.gif

Luis

6. ssltech

ssltech Guest

I'm sure that John Klett posted something about the LCA-2B on his forum recently... -Something about how how hates to work on them, IIRC... :(

-Run a search for "calibrate", "calibration" and LCA-2B in John Klett's forum over at pro sound web dot com and see if you turn anything up...

Keith

7. Steve Jones

Steve Jones Active Member

Thanks everyone for all the leads, have a great NYE wherever you all are!

8. cjenrick

cjenrick Active Member

Got back on my meds as per Kev's advice. I promise no more trouble til mext year!
    Good luck on the schematic, and when you get one, please share!

If you do go the Pat route, ask around here if someone(s) might be willing to share the burden of the cost. We could help you whittle it down a little perhaps. I mean, if you can't find it anywhere, it is nice to know that there is an alternative, even if it's , gulp, Pat we are feeding!
    [G][/G]

9. adrianh

adrianh Active Member

I am in for USD$5

10. Viitalahde

Viitalahde Guest

Hey, don't pay him NOTHING! I've always just found a schematic he doesn't have and then traded. Maybe two for that, don't know. But I'm sure someone here has something kewl he doesn't have. Just ask him first before sending the schematics.

Jaakko

11. Frank Farr

Frank Farr Member

Hi Luis,
    Do you know what value r16 resistor associated with the pilot lamp on the Tube Tech PE1C might be or do you have a parts list? The resistor is so badly burnt I can't determine it's color bands and need to replace.
    Thanks,
    Frank

12. Boswell

Boswell Moderator Distinguished Member

Hi Frank,

Did you mean to post this message to Luis here at Recording.Org? It's possible one of our members has a set of PE1C schematics and can come back in with a resistor value for you, but I think you would be better served by asking Tube Tech directly.