1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

turning audio into midi?

Discussion in 'Recording' started by tempest1226, Aug 12, 2007.

1. tempest1226

tempest1226 Guest

hey everyone. wow, its been a while since i posted in here but here it goes. I was just wondering if there is any way to turn audio into midi. I would want to do this because i have a sample cd of amazing drum sounds and would like to put the cd in the mac and create midi files out of the clips so that i can go into my protools LE and use the midi grid but with my samples. Can i do this. I have heard of drumagog. But there seems to be a lot of latency with that and i was just curious of whether or not there was a way to do this. thanks everyone:)
  2. EricWatkins

EricWatkins Active Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Decatur Il
    In order to trigger the drum sounds via midi, you need to load the wav files into a sampler like Kontaky or Halion or something. From there, you can create a program where individual drum sounds are assigned to particular midi note numbers and velocity values to be either triggered from a midi keyboard or straight from your sequencer on a grid or notation program.