1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Tweaking Windows 8.1 For Audio and Music Production

Discussion in 'Computers / Software' started by pcrecord, Nov 6, 2014.

1. pcrecord

pcrecord Don't you want the best recording like I do ? Well-Known Member

Tweaking Windows 8.1 For Audio and Music Production

I thought it was a good Idea to share this video, (not from me and I'm not associated to him)
    The part about bios helped me greatly.

View: http://youtu.be/PhQVkv3NM3k

2. DonnyThompson

DonnyThompson Distinguished Member

I couldn't help but laugh... "welcome to Molten Research Labs" - and over his left shoulder is a garage or shed window packed with junk. Not quite what you picture when you hear the word "lab". LOL

I'm not doubting the info he gives - just chuckling at the initial presentation.

3. pcrecord

Yeah, he's a special 'personnage'! You know right away he's not a marketing guy. I thought he wasn't serious at first. You should listen to its video about latency, it gets nowhere at first be then make some great observations :)

But nonetheless, He pointed out a few tweaks I wasn't aware of (or didn't think of) and my system is now rock solid.
    I had to share if only to thank him !

4. DonnyThompson

DonnyThompson Distinguished Member

I did attempt to get into my bios to at least check the current settings - but for some reason, the bios menu on my PC doesn't show the kind of information that he was viewing on his bios menu/editor...

I was able to view things like boot order, HDD info, but I never did see parameters like CPU Turbo, Thermal or USB settings... which, well, I don't know why. I'm using W 8.1 ... and all drivers and versions are up to date.

It's not like I spend a lot of time working in my bios section, but I'm not a total stranger to it either.

Anyway, I didn't change any settings, because the settings I would have considered changing simply weren't accessible/viewable to me.

5. pcrecord

It is common of some computer builder (IBM, HP, Dell) to have a reduced bios option list. But some of them have an advance or nearly hidden section where you can find those setups.
    If you don't have any problem with your system, I wouldn't worry about it.

In my case I had issues with performance and latency and random digital cracks and pops radomly happening after a couple of minutes after I booted up. After those tweaks, I think my system is behaving way better.