1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Two QWERTY Ketboards

Discussion in 'Recording' started by BarefootStudios, Feb 18, 2003.

1. BarefootStudios

BarefootStudios Active Member

Hello there.I would like to have 2 keyboards at 2 locations in my studio,running at the same time.With a Mac you can just plug the additionl keyboard into the mouse input on the original keyboard and they both work.How would you do it on a PC? (I tried looking for a "Y" cable,and tried one into the keyboard port,and one in the USB port,with no luck.Thanks,Barefoot

2. sapplegate

sapplegate Active Member

You need a device called the "Y-key key" made by P.I. Engineering. Allows 2 PS/2 keyboards to be connected simultaneously to 1 PS/2 port. Costs about $50. Tigerdirect and CDW both carry it. Other merchants may as well.

3. BarefootStudios

BarefootStudios Active Member

Thank you Old House! I asked everywhere,and no one had a clue! Recording.Org does it again!

4. themidiroom

themidiroom Active Member

You may also want to look into getting a reverse KVM box. I have one made by Belkin. It allows two keyboards, two mice and two monitors on one PC. The video isn't the best, but the dual kb and mouse works fine. It's in the $40-$50 range.

themidiroom