1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

UA 2192

Discussion in 'Pro Audio Equipment' started by Krou, Nov 2, 2004.

1. Krou

Krou Active Member

May 27, 2001
    Much talk about Apogee, Lucid, RME, and all the usual suspects in the mid-level/pro converters available. I did a search for this UA 2192 and found a dismal amount of opinions. I just got the new Sweetwater catalog (along with a new credit card, ouch...) and the irony is too strong to discount the intent of purchasing some new gear.

I'm all set with synths & sounds, monitoring, acoustic treatment, etc.
    I'm now more focused on invesing in the front-end (thinking about the new UA LA-610) and some better converters (presently using a Digi002R w/o any hardware mixer). I saw the 2192 in the catalog and figured I would post about it.

Any reason to lean on the UA vs. the Apogee Rosetta 200?
    I really only need 2channels. I've heard great things about the Benchmark DAC-1, but I'd rather have the all-in-one rackmount AD/DA option. How's the 2192 in your opinion, holds up as well as the others?
  2. Massive Mastering

Massive Mastering Distinguished Member

Jul 18, 2004
    Chicago area, IL, USA
    Home Page:
    I had the 2192 for literally like 24 hours - I thought it was a fine sounding unit.

Okay, you're wondering why only 24 hours...

Got hooked on Lavry for several reasons - Not the least of which is I really need a set of units that can run at different clock speeds (I often get material in at a different sample rate and bit depth than I use at the input). The Lavry's stand-alone archtecture allowed me to do that.
  3. Bhennies

Bhennies Guest

I've heard nothing but praise about it, although not too many people seem to have it.
  4. AudioGaff

AudioGaff Distinguished Member

Feb 23, 2001
    Silicon Valley
    A quick search through the archives will reveal a few more comments.