1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

UA 8110 w/Apogee Rosetta 800

Discussion in 'Converters / Interfaces' started by VI66, Feb 3, 2005.

1. VI66

VI66 Active Member

Hi everyone!

I am looking for a solution for getting these two units into my DAW that is running Sonar 4, without coloration. It seems as though that there is no good answer to this problem, but I haven't had the time to read everything.

Any ideas?

bandit.gif

2. LittleDogAudio

LittleDogAudio Active Member

The UA8110 is a bit colored to start with so I'm confused as to what your really asking. The 8110 sounds very nice, but not transparent.

Chris

3. VI66

VI66 Active Member

I guess I did state that wrong. I only wan't the 8110's sound for the most part. I would like to track from the 8110, to the Rosetta 800; then from the 800's firewire into my PC. Is this set-up viable? Would I need anything else; maybe a Big Ben? Other external gear, such as compressors I can purchase as needed.

Thanks for your time Chris!

Vin

4. LittleDogAudio

The Rosetta has avery stable internal clock. I would consider getting a nice compressor first. It will give you a whole different color to paint with and you'll get instant gratification.

btw. I just got the Pendulum OCL-2 and used it for mastering and some vox tracks, WOW. That thing is one of the best tools I've ever used.

Chris

5. VI66

VI66 Active Member

What of my question? Is it a viable front end? Remember, I want to get the signal from the UA 8110 into the DAW. It seems an Apogee Rosetta 800 would work perfectly w/it's firewire option.

Thanks again!

Vin bandit.gif

6. LittleDogAudio

Yes, yes the 8110 into the Rosetta>firewire>computer is a great signal path. It would be a hard one to beat.

Sorry, I wasn't clear on your exact question.

Chris

7. VI66

VI66 Active Member

He shoots, he scores I finally get it

Believe me when I tell you that this is nothing short of a breakthrough for me

Thanks Chris, it's going to take me a couple of months, but the chain will be built, and I will throw some external compression into the chain as well, probably a UA. Also, your recommendation concerning the Pendulum OCL-2 has not passed unnoticed.

Vin