1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

UA digital vs Waves

Discussion in 'Pro Audio Equipment' started by jeremyhillaryphd, Mar 31, 2001.

1. I know this is regarding DAW stuff, but none of the real engineers hang out over there :p Anybody had a chance to compare the new UA digital eq and compression to the Waves Rennaisance EQ and compressor yet?

2. Dedric

Dedric Guest

Originally posted by jeremyhillaryphd:
    I know this is regarding DAW stuff, but none of the real engineers hang out over there :D

Personally I am quite interested in the UA card for use with my Paris rig. I can't say Ren comp and Ren EQ are the best choice for everything, and that would make any comparison a bit apples and oranges, but it all remains to be seen. AFAIK, the UA card will include their stock EQ - not necessarily high-end emulations, at least in the first bundle - how else could one run 36 EQs, 16 comps and 3 Realverb pros on one DSP chip? I would expect emulations of high-end outboard EQs to take a bit more processing than that. I am going to work on getting one of these and/or a TC Powercore card to write a review.