UAD Lexicon 224

Discussion in 'Tracking / Mixing / Editing' started by hueseph, May 5, 2011.

1. hueseph

hueseph Well-Known Member

AAAAARGH! Yet another plugin that makes me feel forced to buy a UAD-2. It's a shame I can't run this with my UAD-1e. It sounds pretty convincing to me. LARC and all. I want this one.

2. BobRogers

BobRogers Well-Known Member

Downloaded the update last night and started the Lexicon demo. 14 days of those nice long tails for free - but tempting me to plunk down $350. It's a very good emulation. Peter Gabriel actually appears in the room and starts singing (or maybe that was the second Martini). Anyway, I'll probably get it this summer. I'll try to do some samples with the demo after I get finals graded.

3. hueseph

hueseph Well-Known Member

Nice! And, thanks for volunteering to post some samples! HEHE. Yeah, I know you don't have to do anything you don't want to but if you find the time, that would be awesome.

4. BobRogers

Ghostwheel - Welcome to Recording.org! Guys and gals - Ghostwheel has been doing great work over at the UAD forum with lots of samples and shootouts. Well worth looking at his work.

5. mdb

mdb Active Member

That's sweet. Maybe someday... I'll have to play with that demo too.

6. BobRogers

My 14 day demo on the 224 ran out. I was quite prepared to lay down the cash but have not done so yet. However, I was mixing two sets of live tracks over the last week, so there were no big, long, sparse ballads where I could show off those long tails. So we ended up using the EMT 140 plate reverb on everything so far. I'll hold off on the 224 until I definitely need it for a session.